We had several new faces at the February 20th planning meeting. It was great to welcome representatives from the Goldstream Nature House, Fort Rodd Hill and Scouts Canada to our project planning process.
Some brief highlights:
* Registration – 10 spots for boys filled, 9 spots for girls filled
* Funding – Thank you to RBC Foundation for their support. The donation will be officially presented to Sooke School District on March 15th at the Colwood RBC branch.
We are still in need of additional funding, and are waiting to hear back from several foundations.
* Job descriptions – Draft job descriptions for the Nature K teacher and ECE have been developed. Please visit the Sooke School District website if you are interested in applying. Postings should be advertised in April.
* Clothing – Plan to develop a clothing and gear list for review at the next monthly meeting.
* Risk management Plan – Thank you to Maureen, Judy, Hilary and Nancy for drafting a communication protocol. The risk management plan is being completed, and work on the safety manual will begin over the next two months.
* Program resources and teacher/educator training – A sub-committee was formed with representation from CRD Parks, Goldstream Nature House, Fort Rodd Hill, and others to develop a training series for the teacher and ECE. Additionally, the group will provide an overview of the services they anticipate being able to offer to the Nature Kindergarten educators. The sub-committee is meeting at Royal Roads University on March 13th, Grant Building, Rm 228 at 3:15 pm.
Thanks to everyone for their enthusiastic participation in our February meeting!